We are now seeking a Kennel Manager to live on property and work daily with staff, our Free to Live dogs and the Oklahoma community.
The primary responsibility of the Kennel Manager is to provide a clean and pleasing environment for the dogs, tending to both their physical and mental health.
The Kennel Manager supervises a team of Kennel Technicians, who maintain the daily upkeep of the kennels.
Supervise the Kennel Staff and participate as needed to:
- Scoop pens
- Clean and sanitize inside floors, walls, pens and cubicles
- Sweep and wash outside runs
- Clean drains of debris
- Wash any bedding
- Scrub and sanitize feed and water bowls
- Fill feeders and give fresh water
Additional Medical Duties:
- Shots, Worming
- Suture removal, wound care
- Hydro treatments
- Medication Administration
- Transport to and from Veterinarian
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- While managing daily operations in the Kennel, the Kennel Manager is responsible for watching for any signs of illness, wounds, or any other medical conditions that must be addressed.
The manager must also have strong verbal skills and be able to interact with the public on a daily basis. A valid driver’s license is also needed.
The Kennel Manager reports directly to the Executive Director.
Included in the compensation package is a small residence on property with electricity and water provided. Health, vision and life insurance are also available after 90 days of employment.
Part-time Office Receptionist:
We are looking for a dynamic weekend receptionist to join our team. Duties include answering phones, greeting volunteers, helping with adoptions, basic data entry and care for the office dogs. Hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.